Not Too Old To
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any identifying information we ask you to provide will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Not Too Old To may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, so please do check it from regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 1st, 2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your email address
- demographic information, such as your postcode and your IP address
What we do with the information we gather
- We do not, as a clear and overarching rule, pass on your information, unless you specifically consent to us doing so or we are specifically required to by law.
- We only use the information you give us to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular:
- For internal record keeping.
- To improve our services and email you responses to discussion-board posts you have reported.
- To periodically send you emails about Not Too Old To news and courses, competitions, discounts or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- To contact you, but only with your prior permission, by email or personal message, for market-research purposes.
- To offer you, on our website pages, information based on your location.
- Any personal data that you give us will be retained by us for as long as it’s needed to perform its function.We regularly review the data held by different teams and delete information that is no longer needed. All data we hold is stored securely and only accessible by authorised members of Not Too Old To.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Passive Information Collection
As you navigate through this site, certain anonymous information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies*, click tags, beacons and other navigational data collection (such as server logs). Your Internet browser automatically transmits to this site some of this anonymous information, such as the URL of the website you just came from and the IP address and the browser version your computer is currently using. Via the IP address, we may also determine your rough geographical location, such as town or city.
This helps us analyse data about our site traffic, so we can improve Not Too Old To and tailor it more to our members’ needs. All information is anonymous and only used for operational purposes.
*A cookie is a small file which “asks permission” to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites